Tax Time Preparation
Our Head of Client Experience, Amanda Newton, was interviewed by Loren Bartley (Impactiv8) and Fiona Redding (The Happiness Hunter) on #BusinessAddicts The Podcast. In this interview Amanda talks about tax time preparation, sharing valuable advice on how you can better prepare yourself for lodging your tax return, as well as the year ahead.
- Tax time preparation, including how to close off the financial year and prepare for the new financial year.
- Key dates and legal obligations according to the ATO.
- What you can do to better prepare your business for the financial year ahead.
- The importance of budgeting for your business.
- Your legal requirements about keeping receipts.
- How systems like Xero help better manage your business finances.
- Three key accounting reports you should be keeping an eye on in your business.
- How to best manage debtors.
- What to look for when outsourcing your book-keeping and accounting requirements.
- The difference between a bookkeeper, accountant and a business advisor.
- Advice for anyone who can’t afford an accountant.
- At what stage in your business you should register for GST.
You can listen to the full interview here.